Monday, June 16, 2008

Choose this day whom you will serve....

Jos 24:15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

On Sunday, my pastor preached a sermon on "Choices" based on Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. In his intro, he shared two passages. One was Deut 30: 15-16. The second one was Jos 24:15 (see above). This was so cool that he shared this passage and when he did, I straightened up in my chair really quick and listened intently. I'll tell you why:

On Friday, I was working, driving along, and this statement came into my mind: "Choose this day whom you will serve." I didn't know where it is was from, off hand. But, it kept repeating in my head. I was thinking, "is this something I read, or is it a line from a movie?" I decided to pray and make a decision to work the rest of the day for the Lord.

So, when my pastor read this Scripture Sunday morning, I was blown away! Wow! God had totally prepared me for this message in advance. Awesome!

No comments: